VAT Service

The first step to solve Complicated VAT problems
is a good conversation

Everything about EU VAT registration, Intrastat, fiscal formalities and more to start your activities in one of 
the 27 Member States of the EU.

Our team of VAT agents, handles company VAT registrations in all EU countries, some of the most popular examples are: BelgiumFranceGermanyItalyNetherlands, Poland and Spain. We also fulfil VAT registrations in countries ouside the EU, such as the United Kingdom and Switzerland.

According to the specific country, the VAT registration takes from a couple of weeks to 4 months. It is important to anticipate this period before selling goods or providing services in the countries concerned.

Intracommunity supplies of goods made by EU based companies from EU countries to another EU country (B to B operations).

Example: you are a German company and you are the the owner of goods stocked in France. You agree with your Spanish client that you will ship goods to him from France to Spain.
You are in this case performing an Intracommunity supply of goods from France to Spain. A French EU VAT registration number is needed to report this transaction in a French VAT return that will be submitted to the French Tax Authorities. 
⇒ Your invoice will be issued without VAT mentioning your French EU VAT registration number.

Intracommunity acquisitions of goods delivered by foreign suppliers within the EU to you in an another EU member state.

Example: you agree with your Dutch supplier to buy goods from him and that these goods will be delivered to a warehouse in Belgium. This operation is an Intra EC acquisition of goods from the Netherlands to Belgium. 
⇒ Your company will have to request for a Belgian EU VAT registration number from the Belgian Tax Authorities because this operation will have to be declared to the Belgian Tax Authorities.

Exports made from E.U. countries.

Example: your company based in the UK decides to ship goods from Austria to a client based in Switserland.
This operation is qualified as an export of goods from Austria and requires an EU VAT number in Austria so that it can be reported to the Austrian Tax Authorities. 
⇒ Your invoice will be issued to your client without Austrian VAT but will have to show the Austrian VAT registration number your company was granted in Austria.

Sales of products to private consumers in another EU member state (B to C operations).

Example: your company based in the Italy sells goods on the Internet to private individuals living in Germany.
These transactions can be qualified as distance sales and may require an EU VAT registration number in Germany. The necessity of requesting an EU VAT in Germany will actually depend on the amount of sales your company had in Germany during the current year. Thresholds of turnover have indeed been put into place by all EU Member States. In Germany the threshold is 100.000 Euros.
⇒ As a result if your sales to private customers exceed 100.000 Euros during the current year, your company needs to ask for a EU VAT registration in Germany.

Do you have questions about how RMB can help your business? Send us an email and we’ll get 
in touch with you shortly, our tax experts and VAT registration agents are always happy to help. You can also contact us by 
phone: +33 3 20 25 70 70.

Book your call with our experts

You can book a call with one of our experts to assess your fiscal situation

We offer a first check up for free, no obligations attached

Book an appointment


Vous avez des questions sur la manière dont RMB peut aider votre entreprise ? 
Envoyez-nous un courriel et nous vous contacterons rapidement. 
Nos experts en TVA sont toujours heureux de vous aider. Vous pouvez également nous contacter par 
téléphone : +33 3 20 25 70 70.

Réservez votre appel avec nos experts

Vous pouvez prendre rendez-vous avec l'un de nos experts pour évaluer votre situation fiscale.

Nous vous proposons un premier bilan gratuit, sans engagement de votre part.

Prendre un rendez-vous